The Komedie Brute is a Kerch group that puts on performances with widely-known characters. Many of the plays break the fourth wall with traditions of the audience saying or doing something in response to the appearance of characters on stage. One of the most popular and well-known characters is Mister Crimson.
- Mister Crimson is a character dressed in red and black, with a mask. When he appears on the stage, the audience calls out, "Mother, Father, pay the rent!" To which he responds, "I can't, my dear, the money's spent!" and throws out fake coins into the audience.
- The Scarab Queen is a character dressed in black and shimmering green, similar to the carapace of a beetle. She covers her face with a gilded crown-like mask. The audience throws flowers at the Scarab Queen.
- The Madman is a character dressed in orange, and a mask with a hooked beak. The audience hisses at the Madman when he appears on stage.
- The Lost Bride is a character dressed in blue. She covers her face with a veil and wears a crown of flowers.
- The Imp is a character dressed in grey, and a horned mask with bulbous staring eyes.